Archaeologists found a tile of the XVI century with a battle scene and a cross in central Moscow
«The archaeologists have found in the Maroseyka area a fragment of a stove tile of the XVII century with a battle scene, a copper cross-shaped reliquary of the XVIth century, a detail of a candle in the form of a cherub, and a sovnya — a sort of a sharped forked club, which is mentioned in the Novgorod chronicles of the XIIth century. Artefacts will replenish the exposition of city museums», — Alexei Emelyanov head of the Department of Cultural Heritage of the capital is quoted as saying by the website.
A fragment of the tile was found on the site where the Church of the Deposition of the Honourable Fetters of St. Apostle Peter once stood, in Petroverigsky Lane. The temple was dismantled in 1844. It is noted that the basis of the plot of the scene depicted on the find is Alexandria — the work popular at that time depicting the military exploits of Alexander the Great.